This page contains affiliate links. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy.
This collection of Fresh Asparagus Recipes features both main and side dish ideas that celebrate the springtime flavor of seasonal asparagus. Discover the many ways you can enjoy it while it’s at its best!
I’m so excited to be bringing you this amazing collection of fresh asparagus recipes this year! I’ve been eating a ton of it, developing delicious recipes, and even published my Types of Asparagus: A Home Cook’s Guide recently to help inspire my fellow seasonal cooks to bring it into their kitchen while spring is upon us.
Below you’ll find a diverse and beautiful array of both asparagus side dish recipes and main dish ideas that will deliver big flavor that highlights this spring ingredient. Whether you’re into green, white, or want to try out purple asparagus, these will help you find tons of inspiration!
Asparagus Main Dishes Recipes
1.This Warm Kale Asparagus Salad from right here at The Flour Handprint features hard boiled eggs, hearty kale, slivered almonds, and a warm bacon vinaigrette to tie it all together. It’s a great lunch or light dinner, or can be used as a side.
2. This Lemon Asparagus Pasta from Eat the Grains is a light and refreshing meal that combines pasta and asparagus with a creamy lemon sauce made from Greek yogurt, feta, and herbs.
3. In this light and fresh Asparagus Artichoke Risotto from the Skinny Spatula, the asparagus and artichokes are shallow-fried to enhance their aroma and take this risotto ai carciofi recipe to the next level.
4. Elevate your next brunch with this Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart from Swirls of Flavor. Pesto, prosciutto, and frozen puff pastry combine to highlight fresh spring asparagus.
5. This Healthy Asparagus Quiche from Happy Kitchen is perfect for brunch, Easter, or any springtime meal! 7 ingredients and a sweet potato crust make this simple but delicious.
6. I love this healthy Garlic Butter Shrimp Quinoa Asparagus from i Food Real. It’s so fresh, delicious, packed with protein, and whipped up in a skillet for a yummy meal.
7. This Asparagus Lemon Walnut Pesto Pasta from Wholefood Soulfood Kitchen is a 15 minute meal that’s loaded with flavor. It’s vegan, healthy, flavorful, and perfect with your favorite glass of wine.
8. Try out this creamy White Bean Asparagus Dill Soup from Connoisseur Veg for a hearty, creamy vegan meal. Enjoy every bite of tender spring asparagus in one warm and healthy bowl.
9. I love these adorable Asparagus Tartlets from Emily Leary. Every bite of crisp pastry, pesto, creamy filling, and tender asparagus will be full of irresistible flavor.
10. There’s never a bad time for a bowl of mac and cheese, especially this creamy, rich Asparagus Mac and Cheese from Recipes from a Pantry. Baked, comforting macaroni and cheese with tender asparagus topped with breadcrumbs, yum!
11. Asparagus becomes the star in this delicious Asparagus Pizza from Healthy Seasonal Recipes. Crisp prosciutto, pesto, and Italian cheeses make a combination that you’ll love digging into.
12. This Baked Asparagus, Leek, and Goat Cheese Frittata is a perfect brunch to celebrate Spring flavors. Every bite of this recipe from Big Delicious Life is loaded with creamy cheese and tender veggies for a healthy, delicious meal.
13. A light cream sauce, pillowy gnocchi, tender bits of asparagus make this recipe from A Delightful Plate irresistible. Try out this Gnocchi Asparagus Recipe for lunch or a light dinner.
14. This healthy vegan meal from Plant Based Folk is delicious! A combination of caramelized onions, potatoes, and coconut milk enhance the spring flavors in this Creamy Asparagus Soup.
Asparagus Side Dish Recipes
1. Crispy Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus is a delicious side or appetizer, especially when brushed with a light honey glaze. Get the recipe here at The Flour Handprint.
2. This White Asparagus Mimosa recipe from Vanilla Bean Cuisine is a classic French dish that uses a bright lemon caper vinaigrette and minced eggs to enhance fresh white asparagus.
3. Celebrate spring with this recipe from A Saucy Kitchen. A Spring Quinoa Pea and Asparagus Salad is healthy, flavorful, and full of texture but comes together fast.
4. It takes just 1 baking sheet to make this recipe for Garlic Balsamic Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus from Running to the Kitchen. It’s a quick and easy side that doesn’t skimp on big flavor.
5. Give pasta salad a spring makeover with this Orzo Asparagus Pasta Salad from Beyond the Chicken Coop. Basil and a lemony vinaigrette ties this beautiful, fresh salad together into one tasty recipe.
6. Whether you serve it as as a light bite, side, or appetizer, these gorgeous Asparagus Crostini from Luci’s Morsels will always delight. White beans, a fresh baguette, and rosemary build big flavor in each bite.
7. There’s nothing I don’t love about this simple but delicious Spring Asparagus Salad recipe from Maple and Mango. Soft boiled eggs, parmesan, and perfectly roasted asparagus is a match made in heaven.
8. Next time you want a comforting gratin, skip the potatoes and go for this Asparagus Casserole from Erica’s Recipes. A creamy Dijon sauce with tender mushrooms and asparagus make every bite warm and tasty.
9. Pine nuts, capers, and dill make the flavor of white asparagus sing in this recipe from In the Kitch. Impress your guests with this flavorful, fun Roasted White Asparagus side at your next dinner party.
10. This super healthy Asparagus Caprese salad is inspired by the original but uses zucchini, asparagus, and a flavorful herb dressing to make a green, Spring version. Check it out over at Through the Fibro Fog.
11. This Roasted Asparagus with Olive Herb Dressing is a perfect example of stunning simplicity. Every flavor works together in this side dish from Eat the Love to celebrate fresh asparagus.
12. Is there a more classic way to enjoy this veggie than in recipes like this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus? This perfect recipe from Little Sunny Kitchen can teach you how to make bacon and asparagus into one delicious bundle every time.
13. A stunning and unique use of white asparagus makes this recipe from The Devil Wears Salad a showstopper. Enjoy every bite of fragrant chili oil, Persian feta, and veggies in this tender White Asparagus Salad.
14. Tender greens, goat cheese, and a balsamic drizzle mixed with crisp-tender fresh asparagus makes this spring salad irresistible. Head over to The Endless Meal to learn how to make this Easy Asparagus Salad recipe perfectly.
Nutrition information and cooking times are provided as a best estimate. Values may vary based upon ingredients and equipment.