Tequila Lime Wings
Fried chicken wings in a sticky, delicious tequila lime sauce that make a perfect appetizer or party food.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 3/4 cup tequila* 3/4 cup
- 6 tbs lime juice 3 limes, juiced
- 4 tbs orange juice 1/2 to 1 orange, 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 medium jalapeno optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12-14 chicken wings
- 8 cups grapeseed oil canola or vegetable work too
Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, sliced jalapeno, honey, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a rapid simmer.
Cook sauce, stirring occasionally until reduced by 2/3 and thickened to a syrup.
Meanwhile place oil in a large, heavy bottom pot with a deep fry thermometer. Heat over medium high heat until oil reaches 375°F.
Lay wings out on a paper towel and gently pat dry. Lay out a plate with clean paper towels for after cooking as well.
When oil is up to temp, fry wings. Be careful not to overcrowd in pot, frying in batches if necessary*. Fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy and the juices run clear.
Remove cooked wings from the oil and set briefly on paper towels to blot excess oil then move quickly to a bowl and toss with sauce.
* I recommend an anejo or reposado tequila for this.
* If frying in batches, plate cooked wings on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet in a low 200°F oven to keep warm.
Calories: 953kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 67g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 399mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 284IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg